Have Question?

Frequently Asked Question

Frequently Asked Questions: Canada

What is the general overview of Canadian Education

 The Canadian education can be said to be a system very similar to the USA. Degree last for 4yrs, while there are several routes leading up to it like college diploma, or first two years at a college and another two years in the University, some are three years at a College and another one year in the University, some colleges in affiliation with Universities run the entire degree on their campus. The entry requirements are high school graduation. Most international students who do not have required grades are able to start from college certificate and build to diploma and then move on to Bachelors. Master’s degree can take 1.5yrs with a few taking longer to complete and PhD takes about 3/4yrs. An upper second class are required but a few will consider a lower second class with very high CGPA. Those who do not meet requirement can also apply to start a foundation year leading to Bachelor’s degree or Master’s qualifying program.

Can I then use my WAEC/NECO

Yes, but a few may insist on WAEC. Your results must be credits excluding Nigerian languages

When can I start my application

Canadian application takes about a month to process and Visa takes between 2 and four months so it is advised that you start application for admission at least six months before enrolment date. In addition, schools have application deadlines which must be strictly adhered to. Please ask us for full details

Can I study and work

Yes you are allowed to work part-time only. We must warn that income from work cannot pay your tuition fees and may not be enough to cover entire living costs either. Please ensure you have a workable budget before applying

Do I need tests like TOEFL, GRE, GMAT

Some schools will accept national examination in lieu of English requirement, however TOEFL or IELTS are accepted and can be required so ask your counsellor. A number of schools or departments may also request submission of GRE or GMAT but very many schools don’t require these tests

When can I pay my fees

Usually you will receive a conditional offer of acceptance (CLOA) which will detail your fees and how much to pay immediately. If your offer is conditional on some academic qualifications as well as fees, please do not pay your fees until you have cleared the other requirement. Once you have made your payments, the school will send you a letter of acceptance (LOA). With this you are ready to apply for a permit to enter Canada

Will you support me during the Visa application

Yes we will guide you through. We are not a Visa or consular service but have the experience to assist you and recommend kind of documents you will require based on your circumstance to ensure you can present a positive application upon which a consular officer can make a positive judgement

What if I do not have some documents you suggested or the high commission requested

We will talk to you about alternative or request that you do not submit or submit as you are. We will however warn against asking anyone to procure documents for you or on your behalf. Forgeries are serious criminal offences and can lead to prosecution. Every legitimate application deserve that a consular have a look as such we will only discourage your application if we are very sure you do not have the right documents or your budgets are far from workable. In the latter case we would possibly have told you at the point of application for admission

If I am refused a Visa, can I get a refund of my deposit

Yes you will get a full refund of your fees. This will be subject to foreign exchange fluctuation at the time of refund and it can mean getting a little less or more than amount originally paid. Fees are returned back to the account it originally came from. We encourage our students to make payments through their banks.